Masaya Nemoto, “Suffering, Silence, and Storytelling: Atomic Bomb Survivors in Hiroshima”
July 21 (Thu), 16:20-17:50
Hitotsubashi University, East Campus, Mercury Tower, Room #3405
- Masaya Nemoto “Story of Hiroshima: Life of an Atomic Bomb Survivor,” Education About Asia, Volume 20:2 (Fall 2015).
- Give your opinion on the uniqueness of the sufferings of atomic bomb survivors in comparison to victims of other violences or disasters.
Suggested further readings
- R.J. Lifton, Death in Life: Survivors of Hiroshima, University of North Carolina Press.
- Hideko Snider, One Sunny Day: A Child’s Memories of Hiroshima, Chicago and La Salle: Open Court, 1996.
- Shōso Kawamoto, “Survivors’ Stories”on the website of Hiroshima Peace Media Center (http://tinyurl.com/q78axsz [accessed May 17, 2015]）
- A testimonial video: Kan Munhi on the website of the National Peace Memorial Halls for the Atomic Bomb Victims in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, “Global Network,” (http://tinyurl. com/osse2u3 [accessed May 17, 2015])